Phone: 416 860 6448
Eric is an associate in our Advocacy Group. He carries on a broad civil litigation practice, with a particular emphasis on commercial, entertainment and intellectual property matters. Eric has experience at the Superior Court of Ontario and Federal Court of Canada, as well as in mediation and arbitration proceedings.
Since joining the firm, Eric has assisted with the following significant matters:
- Securing the dismissal of a copyright infringement action against leading Canadian television producers
- Successfully defending leading Canadian franchisors in disputes with franchisees
- Enforcing creditors' rights and remedies in insolvency and restructuring matters
- Successfully resolving trade-mark infringement and expungement proceedings for a broad range of clients
- Advising clients on the law of domain names and the Internet and successfully recovering domain names incorporating clients’ trade-marks
Eric is also a tutorial leader for the Osgoode Hall law school civil procedure class and is actively involved in organizing the Cassels Brock Cup, an annual mooting competition between first-year law students at Osgoode Hall and the University of Toronto.
While in law school, Eric received the Samuel Rubinoff Prize in Legal Research and Writing. He also served as the president of the Entertainment & Sports Law Association, and was a member of the Osgoode Business Clinic. Prior to joining Cassels Brock as an associate, Eric worked as both a summer and articling student at the firm.
Business Essentials for Lawyers, University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies, 2011
J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2009
B.A., York University, 2005
Seneca @ York, School of Communication Arts, Television Broadcasting, 2005